location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
done by: Idroesse Infrastrutture, UAE
period: 2007 – on going
client: Musanada – Emirate of Abu Dhabi
coordinates: latitude 24.357570° longitude 54.763113°
cost of the works: over 7 Billion AED
scope of work: complete design development including environmental studies and geotechnical engineering, Tender documents and evaluation, work supervision of South Shamkha infrastructures and utilities.
South Shamkha Development project area is approximately 40 sqkm.
South Shamkha is a mixed use development for up to 165,000 residents and an estimated 130,000 non-residents working in offices, retail, and commercial activities along with public and social facilities.
- Roads (single and dual carriageway): 150 km main roads + 252 km secondary roads – 54 signalized junctions – 3 major links to Desert.
- Drinkable Water Network: 422 km of 90-1000 mm pipes – 2 booster pumping stations.
- Waste Water Network: 481 km dia 160-1600 + 2 pumping stations (max 350 l/s).
- Storm Water Network: 355 km pipes of 300-2500 mm – 4 ponds.
- Power And Lighting: Power And Lighting: 2 primary stations 132/22kV; 51km 132kV cables; 283 substations of 22/0.4kV; 560 transformers ; 408 Km 22kV cables; 849 Km feeding LV cables; 11,1543 Feeder Pillar, 8430 light poles; 18300 LED luminaire for street lighting ; 563 km power lighting cables.
- Irrigation Network and Landscape: 100 km main pipes – 3000 km distribution pipes –1 reservoirs 1,000,000 m3.